12.9.17

FREE PATTERN | Bunzlau Castle inspired coaster

If you follow me on Instagram, you might have picked up that I am a big fan of Bunzlau Castle potteries. They make the most amazing collection of teapots, cups, mugs, plates and what not. I've been collecting cups and such for many years now. They're not cheap so I usually treat myself to one or two pieces per year, often when we are on holiday in Twente and have tea at Theehuis Dennenoord. I love how my collection is growing and how each item comes with a special memory.

Every day I am having a coffee at my wooden desk and I noticed a need for a coaster as the surface is looking a little shabby at the moment, so I came up with the crochet coaster below that is inspired by one of my favorite Bunzlau designs. I made a step by step tutorial if you want to give it a try too. Let me know what yours looks like by using the tag #bunzlaucoasterbygoedid.

BUNZLAU INSPIRED CROCHET COASTER


You need:
byClaire cotton 002 Ivory
byClaire cotton 024 Navy
crochet needle 3 mm
darning needle
scissors


With Ivory make a magic ring and chain 3.


Crochet 20 trebles in magic ring.


Close with slip stitch in 3rd chain and pull magic ring tight.
Weave in loose ends.


With Navy attach standing double crochet (dc) to any stitch.


Dc in next stitch, chain 3, in the next 2 stitches dc 2 together, chain 3, repeat.


Join with slip stitch in first dc. Weave in ends.


With Ivory attach in any 3-chain space with standing dc and make a 3-dc cluster, chain 3, 3-dc cluster in same space.


In next space 3-dc cluster, chain 3, 3-dc cluster in same space. Repeat. Close round with slip stitch in first 3-dc cluster. Weave in ends.


With Navy attach standing single crochet to 'space' between clusters (not in the actual 3-chain space).


In 3-chain space, make 7 dc. Single crochet in between shells. Weave in ends.


With Ivory attach standing single crochet in any stitch. 


Make one single crochet in each stitch. Join with slip stitch in first single crochet.
Weave in remaining ends et voilĂ , your Bunzlau inspired coaster is ready for use!


Enjoy your coaster and your coffee (or tea)!

xInez

No comments:

Post a Comment