3.7.17

Week update: Mostly Monsoon Shawl


This week I went back to the Monsoon Shawl I once started with these colors. The Monsoon Shawl is a design by Alia from The Little Bee NZ. She's an amazing designer. I wrote about her other famous pattern, Sunday Shawl, before. You can read it here.


I am using gorgeous organic cotton by BC Garn, a Danish producer of organic yarns. The Alba that I am using here is soft and delicate. It tends the split a little, but so many yarns do, so I don't mind. It encourages me to take it slow and enjoy the art of crochet.


Working with these vibrant colors has been so energizing though, it was hard to stop and before I knew it I got to the end of the pattern. Now I only have to block the shawl as the tension is a little uneven. It is drying as I am writing this blogpost, so you'll have to be a little patient to see the result.


This the yarn I have left. What shall I make with it? Another shawl perhaps. I would really appreciate if you would leave a suggestion in the comments section below.

 

On Friday I had my girlfriends over for a healthy lunch. Not pictured are the lentil soup with caramelized onions, the crustless quiche and mixed greens with toasted tamari seeds. And we had clafoutis (Friend cherry tart) for dessert. It was all so good! We weren't able to sit in the garden as it was pouring cats and dogs in Amsterdam, so I brought the garden inside (notice the ivy?).


We've been friends since our little ones were in Waldorf pre-school and we were on the board together. So we go back at least 13 years. Two of us became Waldorf pre-school teachers themselves and two of us moved on, but we still have lunch or dinner twice a year.


And last but not least, I finished the shawl for my friend who turned 50 this year. She'll be celebrating with a big party in September so I am pretty happy I am on schedule with her gift ;-)

Hope I inspired you a little today with my crochet choices for this week. See you next week!

xInez

No comments:

Post a Comment