10.7.17

Week update: Finishing another project


Last week I finished the Monsoon shawl, this week I worked on Marretjeroos' Sunshine Blanket Quinn. The pattern is featured in her book Colorful Crochet and easy and fun to make. I used about 19 skeins of DMC Natura Medium in the color Tagliatelle. It's 100% cotton, so it makes a nice heavy blanket.


On Thursday evening my daughter Ila and I went to Dansers van Morgen (Dancers of Tomorrow), a ballet performance by the students of the National Ballet Academy at the Nationale Opera & Ballet. It was an amazing evening. The students are so talented and so very skilled and all were performing at their very best, even the little ones. My daughter used to be one of them until she decided to go to grammar school. She's still dancing, now at amateur level, but it still looks pretty real to me. This is her dancing the Rose in The Little Prince.


The next day I was so tired from going to bed too late, all I wanted was to lie in bed and work on my blanket. I had so many ends to weave in. Why don't I do this after every square joined?


I hope you're getting an idea of the beautiful texture of the yarn and the pattern of course. I am very happy with the color as I am totally in my neutral phase right now, but I can imagine it looks stunning in every color.


Next I am going to think about what I am going to bring along on my Summer vacation. A big part of my suitcase is always reserved for yarn. I already bought some new yarn and there's still plenty in my stash to work with. I will show you next week!

xInez

No comments:

Post a Comment